Role: Litigation Executive – Housing Disrepair
Business: Veritas Solicitors
Reports to: Practice Manager
Location: Cardinal House, Parsonage Gardens
Salary £27k - £38k (Dependant on Experience)
Hours of work 35 Hours Per Week (Monday to Friday)
• Competitive salary (dependent on experience and ability) + Bonus
• Annual appraisals
• Birthday privilege
• 24 days annual leave
• Employee assistance program
• Pension scheme
• Holiday buy scheme
• Bespoke training and development opportunities
• Convenient City Centre based - fantastic location!
• Growth and development prospects - opportunities to gain experience within your capacity and in line with the business which is exciting.
Veritas Solicitors LLP, situated in the heart of Manchester City Centre, is a multi-disciplinary law firm committed to delivering tailor-made legal solutions to individuals and businesses. We are the Top 7 best solicitor firms in Manchester within housing and property and the Top 23 best solicitors firms in Manchester, according to ReviewSolicitors. Our clients trust us to handle their complex legal matters with an exceptional experience, individual attention, and a high level of sophistication.
Our areas of specialism include:
Personal Injury, Clinical and Dental Negligence, Financial Mis-selling, Data Breach, Civil Disputes, Professional Negligence, Commercial Property, Housing Disrepair, Business Interruption Claims, Immigration and Private Client.
At Veritas Solicitors, we strive to be the preferred choice of clients for their most challenging legal needs and significant business transactions.
The experienced Litigation Executive will have a genuine passion for Law and ensuring a smooth hassle-free journey for their clients. Your focus will be Housing Disrepair clients and cases, ensuring they are completed to a high standard. The Litigation Executive will be working closely with Housing Disrepair Team Leaders, Solicitors and Paralegals to ensure that client matters receive the due diligence and attention required to provide the greatest chance of success.
The successful Litigation Executive will have a proven record of managing a case load of housing disrepair claims. The ideal candidate must have at least 1 years experience handling pre and post litigation Housing Disrepair claims, exposure to CRM technologies such as Proclaim would be advantageous.
- Managing a caseload housing disrepair cases c60 files avg. previous experience handling such matters would be required.
- Maintain client records and contact information, via our Case Management systems Proclaim and Zoho.
- Handling clients matters and requests and keeping clients updated from initial enquiry to completion of their matter.
- Liaise with and instruct experts and counsel where necessary
- Dealing with disrepair surveyors, associations, and housing providers such as City Councils
- Assist in the business development and growth of the department
- You will possess excellent client service skills refined from experience within a similar environment.
- Having an empathetic nature and displaying a duty of care towards clients, especially those who may be deemed vulnerable and distressed.
- Excellent time management, prompt, and clear communication internally and externally.
Skills & Qualifications
The successful candidate must have:
• At least one year of independent/ case management and litigation experience.
• A background within House Disrepair.
• An efficient and reliable production of results
• Proven track record of successfully handling a caseload of Housing Disrepair matters to a high standard
• Possess excellent communication skills, internal and external, written, and vocal.
• The ability to always maintain professional conduct
• Time-management skills
• Computer literate/Microsoft packages/email/CRM
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Professional appearance and manner