Business Division: Veritas Solicitors
Role: Housing Disrepair Paralegal
Reports to: Team Leader
Location: Cardinal House, Parsonage Gardens
Salary £21,000 - £25,000
Hours of work 35 Hours Per Week (Monday to Friday)
• Annual appraisals
• Birthday privilege
• 24 days annual leave
• Growth and development prospects
• Employee assistance program
• Pension scheme
• Holiday buy scheme
• Bespoke training and development opportunities
• Convenient City Centre based
Our areas of specialism include:
Housing Disrepair, Personal Injury, Clinical and Dental Negligence, Financial Mis-selling, Data Breach, Civil Disputes, Professional Negligence, Commercial Property, Business Interruption Claims, Immigration and Private Client.
To handle a caseload of housing claims under s.9 & 11 of the Landlord and Tenant Act.
• Ability to handle your own caseload of Housing Disrepair matters
• Communicate effectively with clients and third parties such as experts, counsel and introducers.
• Move cases throughout the claim life cycle (from letter of claim to trial)
• Ensure maintenance of client details and information on the case management system [Proclaim].
• All other such administrative and fee-earning duties as appropriate
• Comply with the performance management program
• Comply with the Solicitors Regulations Authority’s code of conduct regulation.
• Engaging with external parties and discussing settlement opportunities with them and your client.
Skills & Qualifications
• Educated to degree level (preferable)
• 1 year's experience of civil litigation
• We will support you in running your first caseload with strong supervision and leadership
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to work to deadlines and targets
• At least 1 years experience of civil litigation is desirable
• Some experience of Housing Disrepair is desirable but not essential
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent Salary: £21,000.00-£25,000.00 per year
• Additional leave
• Wellness programme Schedule:
• 8 hour shift
• Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:• Manchester: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location