Business Division: Industrial Disease
Reports to: Department Manager
Location: Cardinal House, Parsonage Gardens
Salary £21,000 - £25,000
Hours of work 35 Hours Per Week (Monday to Friday)
• Annual appraisals
• Birthday privilege
• 24 days annual leave
• Employee assistance program
• Pension scheme
• Holiday buy scheme
• Bespoke training and development opportunities • Convenient City Centre based - fantastic location!
• Growth and development prospects - opportunities to gain experience within your capacity and in line with the business which is exciting.
Veritas Solicitors LLP is a busy multi-disciplinary practice based in Manchester City Centre, providing a personalised service to private and commercial clients alike. With areas of specialism including include Housing Disrepair, Personal Injury, Medical, Clinical and Dental Negligence, Industrial Disease, Financial Misselling, Data Breach, Civil Disputes, Professional Negligence, Commercial Property, Business Interruption Claims, Immigration and Private Client (Wills, Statutory Declaration, Powers of Attorney); Veritas Solicitors is fully capable of dealing with many areas of practice, meeting the needs of both individuals and businesses alike.
Our objective is to be the firm of choice for clients on their challenging legal issues and significant business transactions. We specialise in matters that require individual attention, exceptional experience, and a high level of sophistication. On offer is an intense, pragmatic and highly individualised focus on client matters drawing on substantial experience of advising a range of UK & International clients to achieve their goals.
The successful Paralegal will be managing a caseload of NIHL matters, efficiently and successfully. You will be maintaining a caseload from cradle to grave to a high standard. Some supervision may also be required; however, you will be overseen by the Team Manager/Solicitor. Our client’s matters require high attention to detail and exceptional communication throughout the claim life cycle.
• Interaction with clients and third parties, excellent communication skills are required
• Preparation and copying of trial and hearing bundles
• Preparation and copying of enclosure for papers to counsel and court
• Photocopying/electronic collation
• Ensuring maintenance of client details and information, both on physical file and on the case management system [Proclaim].
• Closing and archiving files
• All other such administrative and fee earning duties as appropriate
• Work in accordance with Veritas Solicitors relevant policies and procedures
• Ensuring that clients are well informed and happy with the progression of their case.
• Legal Research.
• Drafting LOC, draft court documentation, instructing counsel, collating court bundles.
• Taking witness statements.
• Instructing and consulting medical examiners/reports.
• Engaging with external parties and discussing settlement opportunities with them and your client.
• This role would suit an experienced Paralegal or Legal Executive with exposure/experience within claims involving medical analysis i.e., examinations/expert report.
Skills & Qualifications
• Legal Academics – LLB plus Postgraduate Diploma
• The role will be to manage your own caseload of predominately pre and post-issue Industrial Disease claims.
• Experience of running your own Industrial Disease caseload would be beneficial but is not essential. However, you must have at least 1 years’ experience within a claims handler/paralegal role.
• We will support you in running your first caseload with strong supervision and leadership
• Previous paralegal experience, preferably involving medical work is preferred
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Exceptional attention to detail, leaving no stone un-turned.
• Collaborative team working skills
• Excellent communication skills both internally with colleagues and externally with suppliers and clients.
• Strong IT skills – Sound usability of Microsoft office applications.
• Ability to work to deadlines and targets